I. Mountain Top Teaching
Contrasting of doctrine – 5:21-48.
- This portion of scripture is divided into six sections (you have heard…but I say; 5:21-22, 27-28, 31-32, 33-34, 38-39, 43-44). What is unique about each section?
- Do these verses give us any idea how our righteousness can exceed the righteousness of the Pharisees?
- Looking closely at this section, is it possible that these are things the religious leaders considered to be signs of righteousness?
- How can we personalize Jesus’ words; “You have heard that it was said…but I say to you…”?
- What is the main point of this section?